Where In the Hawaii is Edward Sugimoto? - September 19, 2012
Rice Fest countdown =
10 days! 8)
It's been another one of those cray cray weeks y'all! After Rice Fest is pau, hopefully things will get a little more back to normal. But until then, we've got another one pic week.... We'll try to make it easy this time so we can get a skosh more than 13 comments. 😛
Points for Photo #1...
* My fave item hea: 3 points
* Location: 2 points
* General area: 1 point
* Closest street(s)?: 1 point each
* Google Street View link (if get)?: 2 points
* Month photo was taken?: 1 point
* Day of the month photo was taken?: 1 point
* Day of the week photo was taken?: 1 point
* Year photo was taken? (duh!): 1 point
* Exact time photo was taken?: 5 points
|Last Week's Results (9/12)|
|Points for Photo #1
* Name each item: 1 point each (Futomaki, Cone sushi, mochiko chicken bento, hot dog, spam, ahi ogo poke - Kage)
* Location: 2 points (Tanioka's - Kage)
* General area: 1 point (Waipahu - carokun)
* Closest street(s)?: 1 point each (Farrington Hwy - carokun)
* Google Street View link (if get)?: 2 points (carokun)
Points for Photo #2
Points for Photo #3
|Totals This Week
|Round 7 Leadahz
For this week's "Spotted", we have another video of a little SkinnyHawaiians silliness involving everyone's favorite drink: Green River. A few months ago, I posed a question out to y'all about where the BIL can find some Green River in Hawaii these days. After researching that, I actually tried to make it on my own and suddenly became an expert at it. 😛 Here's how that turned out...
[youtube s4LhilCsR18 nolink]
How to Make a Green River Drink - SkinnyHawaiians
Weekly VH07V Updates!
* My two new colorways are FINALLY in! Gray/Green for the new football season and Blue/Pink (partially for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure walk)! Both are selling like hotcakes so far, especially the Gray/Green one!
* Speaking of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, my friend Shari continues to sell products and get mad donations for her team: Team VH07V! As of this writing, her team is up to $625 in donations and is at 63% of her $1,000 goal. Help them reach that goal by clicking on that link and making your tax deductible donation! I will also personally donate proceeds from the sale of the Blue/Pink VH07V shirts during this drive right back to Shari and her team. If you'd like to join her team and walk, click on this link.
* Last week's tailgating kine action prior to the Hawaii Warriors vs. Lamar Cardinals game was a great success. Did you guys go? Got to hang out with some friends I haven't seen in a long time and have a few before the game. Even got a good seat to catch a glimpse of the first ever Warrior Walk, a tradition that coach Norm Chow instituted this year where the players and coaches walk through the crowd before heading towards the stadium. Here's some footage I was able to catch of the first ever Warrior Walk:
[youtube Fmt4d0GmVq8 nolink]
Warrior Walk - First Hawaii Warrior Walk Before Lamar Game
* As one of the sponsors for this year's Rice Fest (duh!), VH07V will be responsible for producing both the official Rice Fest shirt (for sale at the event at the VH07V booth) and the shirt for all volunteers. Check out this sample for our volunteers. Pretty legit right? 🙂
Where/When you can find VH07V in the coming weeks:
09/15/12: University of Hawaii Football game - Will likely be tailgating near or along the main walkway leading up to Aloha Stadium prior to the 6pm game vs. Lamar. Stop by and say hi.
- 09/22/12: University of Hawaii Football game - Will likely be tailgating near or along the main walkway leading up to Aloha Stadium prior to the 4:30pm game vs. Nevada. Stop by and say hi.
- 09/29/12: 3rd Annual Rice Fest - As a sponsor of the event, VH07V will also have a booth at this year's Rice Fest where we will sell all of our VH07V shirts in addition to the custom event shirt! Come on down to the Ward Warehouse complex to visit our booth any time from 11am-7pm.
- 10/13/12: University of Hawaii Football game - Will likely be tailgating near or along the main walkway leading up to Aloha Stadium prior to the 6pm game vs. New Mexico. Stop by and say hi.
- 10/19/12-10/21/12: 48th Annual Food & New Products Show - Get your Christmas shopping done at the Blaisdell all weekend! Come visit us at our booth for a free gift!
- 11/10/12: University of Hawaii Football game - Will likely be tailgating near or along the main walkway leading up to Aloha Stadium prior to the 2pm game vs. Boise State. Stop by and say hi.
- 11/24/12: University of Hawaii Football game - Will likely be tailgating near or along the main walkway leading up to Aloha Stadium prior to the 6pm game vs. UNLV. Stop by and say hi.
- 12/01/12: University of Hawaii Football game - Will likely be tailgating near or along the main walkway leading up to Aloha Stadium prior to the 6pm game vs. South Alabama. Stop by and say hi.
As always, a big mahalos to everyone for your support and for helping to spread the VH07V! 8)
Don't forget, this Saturday (Sept 22 from 8am-1pm), my home storage facility - Hawaii Self Storage in Mililani - will be holding a "Garage Sale" to help support the Hawaii Meth Project. Buy great stuff and support a good cause at the same time. If you wanna pick up some VH07V merch while you're there *grin* , message me on Facebook and I'll see if I can swing by and meet you at my unit.
This year's Rice Fest will be held next week Saturday, September 29th from 11am-7pm at Ward Centers! There will be cooking demonstrations from Chef Mavro of Chef Mavro Restaurant and his partners Stephanie Lum and Shawn Ching of Hawaii News Now, and Grant Kawasaki of Hawaiian Grown TV & Hawaiian Grown Kitchen and his partner Justin Cruz from KHON2, Santa Miyoshi of Tokkuri Tei defending his "Riceipe" contest belt, live entertainment by Jody Kamisato & 'Uke's Rising Stars and Jon Yamasato, and taiko drumming from Ryukyukoku Matsuri Daiko Hawaii, our 3rd annual SPAM Musubi eating contest, and our attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the world's Largest SPAM Musubi! Don't forget to also bring your brown rice or monetary donations for our beneficiary Lanakila Meals on Wheels. Can't wait! See you there...
(Add me! 😛 )
Have a happy VH07V Wednesday y'all! Shoooots!