By World Wide Ed
When news broke that a man died from a fall off the Olomana trail yesterday, folks in the know on Twitter starting voicing their concern as there was an unofficial #twike (Hiking Tweetup) taking place there at that very time. It was soon discovered that the hiker in question was what everyone feared... One of our own. Out of respect for his family, most were hush hush about naming him in the stream. Cryptic even. I got a few DMs to confirm the tragedy, but nothing in the public timeline.
I won't even pretend like I knew him personally because I didn't (we just tweeted each other online from time to time), but from what is now coming from the Twitterverse after his passing, I really wish I did. I regret not being able to make any of the #Tweeball events that he coordinated due to scheduling conflicts, but I'm sure they will continue in his honor, and I will be there.
Here's a list of remembrance blogs from those who knew him well. R.I.P. Ryan Suenaga...
- "April 25, 2011" - by Michael Choy (@michael_choy)
- "Aloha, Ryan" - by Ryan Ozawa (@hawaii)
- "Remembering Ryan Suenaga" - by Burt Lum (@bytemarks)
- "Tomorrow Is Unpromised" - by L.P. "Neenz" Faleafine (@NEENZ)
- "#nowplaying C&K 'Goodbye'" - by Catherine Toth (@thedailydish)
- "Aloha Ryan Suenaga" - by Joannie Pan (@trulyjoannies)
- "Farewell, My Friend..." - by Mike Sumida (@mikesumida)
- "Aloha Ryan" - by Jennifer Lieu (@jlieu)
- "R.I.P. Ryan Suenaga" - by Paula Bender (@lavagal)
- "Aloha 'oe, @rsuenaga" - by Capsun Poe (@capsun)
- "Thankful" - by Kyle Higa (@kyleepuu)
- "To a man I would call a king" - by Appi Yashiro (@usagikisses)
- "Goodbye Ryan" - by Sara Ishizaki (@knyghtingale)
- "Memories of Ryan Suenaga" - by Scott Yoshinaga (@kimonostereo)
(Add me! )