By World Wide Ed
Note: Forgive me if I'm a little frazzled this morning. Both of my parents are currently in Japan and my sister and I are having a hard time getting a hold of them...
If you're a foodie (or just hungry!) and looking for something fun to do (and grind) tomorrow night, check out the Honolulu Festival Foundation's Friendship Gala tomorrow evening!
As mentioned on their web site, the objective of the Gala is to "promote friendship and international goodwill between the people of Hawaii and the Pacific Rim region. Festival participants are offered a unique insight into the cultures of the region through dance, song and regional cuisine by some of Hawaii's most famous chefs and restaurants."
In other words, it's your chance to take in exciting entertainment from the Pacific Rim's best, while stuffing your face with ono kine grindz from some of the state's top chefs and restaurants! Check out this star-studded line up and their respective menus for the night!
- Chef Masaharu Morimoto (Morimoto Waikiki | @chef_morimoto): Steamed Bun with Kakuni (10 hour braised pork belly)
- Chef Marc Anthony Freiberg (Mariposa at Neiman Marcus): Mustard Seed Crusted Nairagi (striped marlin), Steamed Clams, Braised Greens, Golden Tomato & Caramelized Fennel, Roasted Beet & Rhubarb Chutne
- Chef Roy Yamaguchi (Roy's Hawaii Kai | @OriginalRoys): Satay Shrimp with Luau Leaf Curry
- Chef Leighton Miyakawa (Ruth's Chris Steak House | @ruthschrisHI): Ruth's Seared Tenderloin Served with Potatoes au Gratin
- Chef Russell Siu (3660 on the Rise): Sake Marinated Salmon, Spicy Yuzu Ginger Sauce
- Chef Johan Svensson (BLT Steak | @BLTSteakWaikiki): Grilled Hanger Steak on a Bed of Jalapeno Mashed Potatoes Topped with Grilled Pineapple
- Chef Nobu Matsuhisa (Nobu Waikiki | @NobuWaikiki): Lobster Miso Soup
- Chef Eiji Kato (Shokudo | @Shokudo): California Roll with Live Demonstration (Avocado, Crabmeat, and Cucumber wrapped in sushi rice and nori topped with masago)
- Chef Steve Hessenflow (The Cheescake Factory): Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake (Layers of Flourless Godiva Chocolate Cake and Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, Topped with Godiva Chocolate Mousse)
- Chef Akiko Kimura (Patisserie La Palme D'or): Lemon Tarte or Panna Cotta
In addition to delighting the senses in your noses and mouths with the eats above, the following list of entertainers will be on hand to treat your eyes and ears to even more!:
- Hoku Zuttermeister, Na Hoku Hanohano Award Winner (Hawaii)
- Hawaii United Okinawa Association (Hawaii)
- Dai Hirai, Ukulele Player (Japan)
- SUGAREN, Yosakoi Dance (Koch, Japan)
- Sonoda Gakuen High School, Dance Performance (Hyogo, Japan)
- Sushi Demonstration, Shokudo Restaurant
Looks fun right? I went last year and it was an explosion of food & culture I've never experienced before! I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to it again tomorrow! See y'all there!
WHAT: Honolulu Festival Frieship Gala (@HonFestival)
WHEN: Saturday, March 12, 2011 from 7pm-9pm
WHERE: Hawaii Convention Center (1801 Kalakaua Ave), Kamehameha Exhibit Hall 1
WHY: Do you even need to ask?
ADMISSION: $85 ($35 tax-deductible) includes access to entertainment and all meals! (Order Online or call the event hotline at 808-833-3378)
Talk to me!
* Are you planning on going to the Friendship Gala tomorrow night?
* Are you all safe and sound after that tsunami scare? I hope so!
* Got any advice for me on how to reach my parents in Japan?
* Got any loved ones in Japan yourself?
:: My Blog ::
:: My Facebook ::
(Add a brutha! )
:: My Job ::
(Road Runner Mobile)