OK, so I'm a lil' behind on this topic, but bettah late den nevah right? Besides, it's a good way to start our week off riiiight?
So last week, the American public (and judges) narrowed down the American Idol finalists to the top 13. Let's use this forum to gossip about our faves, the ones we hate, and other idol idle chatter that comes to mind for this 10th season. I'll start:
- Ashton Jones - way too much spunk/confidence for me. There's more show than singing so far to me.
- Casey Abrams - LOOOOOVE this guy! He cracks me up! He reminds me of Will Ferrell and Seth Rogen combined. Plus he can SAAAANG, and he still seems humble!
- Haley Reinhart - good eye candy (right rayboyjr?), plus she can sing pretty good too. Don't think she has what it takes to win though. Also looks like she might lose her temper at one of the judges down the road.
- Jacob Lusk - pretty good singer, but don't really like the way he overstylizes everything. If he sang straight-forward, he'd be a lot better.
- James Durbin - Adam Lambert copycat. He can scream-sing ok, but not sure how he'll do with regular songs.
- Karen Rodriguez - one of my favorite girls to win the whole thing. She can blow!
- Lauren Alaina - My pick to win. She's so naturally talented and sings without any effort. Seems humble too. I like that.
- Naima Adedapo - No idea why she made it. I can appreciate that she has so much passion for singing, but I still haven't seen anything worthwhile from her. I hope she proves me wrong, because I really think the judges made a mistake by not putting Robbie Rosen through.
- Paul McDonald - very quirky, but I like it. Seems like a nice guy and his smile is infectious.
- Pia Toscano - OK, and pretty good voice. Need to hear more from her to have a better opinion.
- Scotty McCreery - CAN'T STAND HIM!!! You can just tell how conceited he is. He is his own #1 fan. Dear lord he better not win! I will admit that he has a good country singing voice, but I can't stand listening to somebody so into himself. He reminds me of last season's Michael Lynche! And he tries to act all nice and respectful, but I'm not buying it! 😛
- Stefano Langone - pretty strong voice in the upper register. Seems nice, but talks too much.
- Thia Megia - kinda quiet, but can sing pretty good. That Michael Jackson comparison from Randy Jackson was a reach I thought, but she has a pretty good voice. Wanna see more personality from her.
My picks for the Top 3 finalists are:
Like bet? 😛
So how 'bout you guys?
Talk to me!
* What do you think of the contestants this year?
* Who are your Top 3 picks?
* What do you think about the new judges?
Have a good one y'all!
:: My Blog ::
:: My Facebook ::
(Add a brutha! 😛 )
:: My Job ::
(Road Runner Mobile)