So this weekend for me, as it is for most of us I'm sure, is a pretty hectic one. Here's just a snippet of what's goin' down (down down down down) in one day:
* 6AM - Since tomorrow lands on the 1st of the month, I will be going in early to work to take care of some of our monthly updates for our web presences.
* 8AM - Back home to sleep (but, in reality, probably not)
* 10AM-ish - Head to Sears to get a part for our dryer
* 11AM-ish - I really shouldn't, but I might want to take a peek at the new Droid Incredible by HTC (if I didn't already buy it by the time this post goes live *evil grin*), which was just released to the public yesterday.
* 1PM - Meeting with Broker to discuss some options for my Real Estate license.
* 3PM - UH Baseball game (possibly) See note below for FREE tickets!
* 6PM - Was asked by a friend to cover the Galaxy MMA event at the Blaisdell (see details at bottom).
* 9PM-ish - Out with some friends after (possibly)
Some of these are chores/errands, some are for fun. Some is for work, some personal... Ideally, the weekends are supposed to be used to relax, but it never seems to work out that way yeah? So hurr's our Fave Friday topic for this week:
If you could do anything you wanted
for an entire weekend,
what would you do and why?
I would probably just relax at home in my underwear and eat pizza and watch TV all day. TMI? Haha, nah, nah, das gross! I would probably just want to take a neighbor island trip with wifey and simply unwind. Turn off the cell phone, sit on the beach, eat good grindz, and just chill. Those Corona commercials on the beach always make me jealous! Lottery, where are you? 😛
So what about you? What would you do?
Galaxy MMA Event
WHO: (Main Event): Scott Junk vs Fabiano Scherner, (Co-main Event): Tyson Nam vs Keola Silva, (Plus Pro Bouts): Brennan Kamaka vs Preston 'Bruski' Louis, Roderick 'RJ' Richter vs Eldon 'Sale' Sproat, (Lightweight Grand Prix Tournament): Clay Lewis Jr. vs Steve Gable, Jenzen Espanto vs Kristopher Kyle, Kyle Ka`ahanui vs Jose Salgado, Harris Sarmiento vs Chris Yee, (Amateur Bouts): Ryan Clay vs Chris Templo, Markus Kindblad vs Evan Lowther, Zack Pang vs Kimo Sanders
WHAT: Galaxy MMA's inaugural event: Worlds Collide
WHEN: Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 6PM (doors open at 5PM)
WHERE: Blaisdell Arena
WHY: Why not?
[youtube iKt_mb7rGPo nolink]
Galaxy MMA Trailer
Local boy Junk and Brazilian Scherner have both competed in the UFC and have something to prove in the main event.
For the Co-Main Event, although I love Tyson Nam's fighting style, I gotta pull for Keola Silva. Ola was our resident wrestling expert when I was training stand-up at HMC, and an overall good guy. Here's some info about him, as told by a couple of his peers:
"He is a school teacher and a coach for wrestling at Kamehameha High school...he also dedicates a lot of time to teaching a wrestling class out of HMC and was there this week to teach even though he has his fight coming up...Ola is the kind of guy that puts himself and everything on the side to help out his students and friends..."
- Kevin Yoshida (HMC owner/sensei)
"Ola has the innate ability to simplify the most complex wrestling moves so that even a person who has NO wrestling experience will understand. His talent does not only lie within his coaching, though. He can speak Hawaiian, has weekly music gigs at Blue Ocean Thai, and recently received his blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Leandro Nyza. Overall, he's just an awesome person to know and an even better training partner. He proves to you that you can turn your "can'ts" into "cans." If can, can. If no can, you still can!"
- Lea Young (fellow HMC student)
Can't forget to also send some love to my high school classmate Todd Tanaka and his school Team HK, who will have two fighters (Zack Pang and Chris Templo) represented in the amateur bouts. Templo will actually be fighting HMC's Ryan Clay. Shmall kine torn on that one. 😉
Anyway, good luck to all fighters and, most importantly, be safe.
FREE UH Baseball Tickets!
UH fans! Let me know if you want FREE baseball tickets to this weekend's games against Nevada. I got 4 for tonight's game (2 winners) and 36 for tomorrow's game (18 winners). Holla!
* Friday, April 30, 2010 @ 6:35PM - Hawaii vs. Nevada
* Saturday, May 1, 2010 @ 3:05PM - Hawaii vs. Nevada (Doubleheader)
Have a great weekend gang and don't forget to post your response below to this week's Fave Friday topic! Shooooots!