Grab One, Leave One, and Get Reel... [Guest Blog by uncle jimmy]
by uncle jimmy
Mahalo, Edward fo' chance to fill in.. am pretty suah dat WIWIES gang has held down da faht in yo' absence.. I know I been holdeen' down da faht fo' fah too long, myself..
Key den. So does Life imitate Art? Does yo' Life imitate Art? Who is dis Art guy, anywayz? Do you use movie/TV show quotes or song lyrics in everyday conversation to capture a feeling or express a thought? Do you have faves that show up over and over again? I do. Maybe you do, too..
Like when something is getting repetitive or boring.. "went to the White House, uh-gain, and met the President, uh-gain".. from Forrest Gump..
And when something requires a predictable, methodical approach.. "wax on, wax off".. from The Karate Kid..
Or when the variables in a situation appear to be lined up in our favor.. "So, we got that going for us, which is nice".. paraphrased from Caddyshack..
And when it's time to maybe give up and move on.. "you got to know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em".. from The Gambler..
But when someone is identifying a problem, but not really offering a solution..
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!".. from As Good As It Gets..
Or when you just want a laugh.. "Dese Two Yout's" from My Cousin Vinny..
So here's a Grab One/Leave One/Get Reel Movie Quote Quiz.. try grab one of these obscure quotes from well-known films, identify da Movie, Charactah or Actah, whatevah.. also, try add one too, so we ken keep da game goin' jus' in case..
Oh, an' don't fo'get yo' fave Reel Life quote..
To get started, here are ten obscure quotes from films that you probably saw on TV, maybe more than once, depending on if you get cable or not..
- "Correct-amundo! And that's what we're gonna be, we're gonna be cool." (1994)
- "Why we're on this mission, we'll never know." (1996)
- "Here's somebody who's got it all figured out." (1994)
- "If you're reading this, then you've gotten out." (1994)
- "If you hurt her, I'll kill you." (1996)
- "We deal in lead, friend." (1960).. and what foreign film is it adapted from?
- "Sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here." (1997)
- "Well, we're not in the middle of nowhere, but we can see it from here." (1991)
- "I like to say a prayer and drink to world peace." (1993)
- And finally, the last line from a Sci-Fi Mystery-Thriller in which Angie's buddy puts in a particularly strong performance as a complete wacko.. "My name is Jones. I'm in insurance".. (1995).. bonus points fo' dis one..
So, go fo' it WIWIES Gang! Try Grab One, Leave One, an' Get Reel (or some variation thereof)... 😆
The Guest Blog Schedule:
- THU 03/11 - Chicken Grease - "TheGrease and TheBus"
- FRI 03/12 - kuya.d - "I'm So Over It"
- MON 03/15 - JMAW - "Something like a Phenomenon"
- TUE 03/16 - frankie - "The Curse of the Murse"
- WED 03/17 - kako mochi - "Where in Oregon is kako mochi?"
- THU 03/18 - tweetpeep22 - "Online Dating Follies - Female Perspective"
- FRI 03/19 - S-Ticket - "Online Dating Follies - Male Perspective"
- MON 03/22 - tita leerz - "The Hawaii Visitor's Survival Guide"
- TUE 03/23 - skycastles - "Otanjoubi Omedetou Gozaimasu Kurosawa-sama!"
- WED 03/24 - hemajang - "Where in Hawaii is hemajang?"
- THU 03/25 - uncle jimmy - "Grab One, Leave One, and Get Reel..."