I've never been a fan of autographs. It's too easy to forge, and, unless you can verify it and possibly even sell it for a premium, to me, it's worthless. Celebrities are humans too. Some piece of paper with their chicken scratch on it doesn't hold much weight. That's just me.
But, as girly/kiddie as it sounds, what really gets me charged is getting a photo with said celeb. I value this the most because it has significance to me and me alone. I don't care if it's worthless to anyone else and ruined cause my ugly mug is in the photo, it's just good kine fun and proof - in that particular moment in time - that I was there and actually met somebody I could tell a story about.
This past weekend in Philly, I had a blasty blast. Not only did I get that interview with Bruddah Shane, I was also able to sneak in some photo opps with "stars" from the MMA world, thanks to our awesome seats at UFC 101 the night before! Peeps like:
Cutman Jacob "Stitch" Duran
UFC President Dana White
Fighter Frank Trigg
Referee Mario Yamasaki
Phillie All Star Shane Victorino
Which led me to this week's Fave Five question. Which 5 celebs would you most like to have a photo with? If photos ain't your bag, you can use autographs for your list.
- Flavor Flav - OMG! He's so flamboyant and out there! This would be the funnest photo, like EVER! LOL!
- Mr. T - see above! Seems like a nice, humble guy too.
- Kimbo Slice - he's crazy intense, but seems like a cool, mellow cat, outside the ring. I give him mad props for starting from scratch in the coming season of the Ultimate Fighter!
- Michael Jordan/Tiger Woods - gods in their respective games, though I'm not sure how good/genuine their personalities would be.
- Hugh Hefner - no words necessary! LOL!
I'm sure I'm missing a lot more, so lemme hear it. Send over your list of celebs you'd like to get a pic with/meet/get an autograph from.
Some celebs I forgot to mention were those that would bring the most cashola to my pocket (when sold to the tabloids). *grin* Maybe a scandalous shot with Jon or Kate, or both? Or Brangelina? Or even the Octo-mom? Is she even relevant anymore? 😛
Anyway, I digress. Have fun with this list on your T.G.I. Friday y'all!
Happy VHO7V Friday and have an awesome weekend k? Shoots!
(Editor's note: Don't get me wrong. I ain't no celebrity stalker/groupie type, as the pictures above may make it seem. LOL! If I had to stand in line and wait a couple hours for one photo, I wouldn't do it. These just so happen to fall into place a-ight? 😛 )