My co-worker was laughing at me the other day when I told her that I'm really into Rockapella. Some also find it hard to believe that I dig on country music. What other secrets can we pull outta me? We shall see. But not without y'all sharin' too!
- Flo Rida or Twista - there's just somethin' about Flo Rida's beat that makes me wanna get up and dance. Twista's flow is insane! Respect.
- Jason Mraz - cool cat with mellow, catchy grooves. Seeing that he's a genuinely sincere/nice person when we met him at the Road Runner Music Hall just solidified my respect and admiration for him.
- Colbie Caillat - kinda da kine for me to admit this, but sistah's got some good kine jams. I like that she's from Hawaii and that she seems to still be grounded after all of her success. Trying to line up an interview with her one of these months. Wish me luck!
- Rockapella - can't think of any other a capella group as talented as these bruthas! I need them to redo their lyrics to "Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego?" and sing "Where In Hawaii Is Edward Sugimoto?"! 😛
- O.A.R. - My alt rock ear gets its fill with this group. Love the brass infusion! 8)
How about the local acts?
- Ekolu - Lukela Keala's voice is a thing of beauty!
- Koa 'Uka - ultimate party song band. Makes me wanna skank. I still wanna see them in person.
- Justin Young - soulful voice with a laid-back, humble personality. Deservedly goin' places now that he's rollin' with sistah Colbie.
- Na Leo - spine-tingling harmonies, memory inducing hits. Don't get no bettah.
- Fiji - his live appearances are like no other! He knows how to get a crowd going fo sho!
Share your fave groups below yo!
P.S. Wish me luck in the Tinman this Sunday y'all! The bummahz part is that we play the Advertiser that night in our Media Basketball league and my legs will be shot. D'oh! If we lose, I won't hear the end of it from Queenie, WesNaks and Bruddah Kwon (and maybe even StevieT! 8) ) LOL!
Happy VHO7V Friday y'all! Have a good weekend and I'll see y'all on Monday!