Let's try our hand at another episode of "This Is How We Do..."
Last time, we shared our stories (good and bad) about our bathroom habits/rituals. Some (ok just me), worse than others. This week, let's chat about something most of us gotsta do on the regular... chop the 'do!
I'm easy. No fancy salon for me. Supercuts all the way. Cheap, easy, convenient. The only problem is that I'm like a rich, ugly bachelor. I can't keep a girl to save my life.
I swear I've been through about 10 "stylists" since I've started going there years ago. Every single time I think I have a winnah (knows exactly how I like my hair cut), she moves to another location and out of my life forever.
Dear Supercuts, can you please stop transferring your peeps all ova da place. It would be greatly appreciated. Love, Ed.
OK, so I'm not really playing the game. Alright, alright... This is how I do: Haircuts...
* Make da call - I call my local Supercuts and pray to the heavens that the last stylist who cut my hair is still there...
* Rejoice - if she is
* Get Frustrated - if she's not
* Hurry up and wait - it ain't no secret. The time of your appointment is often not the time you sit in that high chair. I've learned to book earlier than I arrive or just expect to wait later than my scheduled time.
* Explicame por favor - for once, I'd like to say just sit down and say "gimme the usual," but with their high turnover rate, I always have to explain what I want. It doesn't help that my hairstyle has changed many times over the years and I'm never sure what I'm going to request each time. LOL!
* Product placement - I try to find the cleanest part on their counter to place my shades and Aloha Shirt (if I come straight from work). If not, I just hold um with me.
* Sit and pray - since it's usually a new stylist, I just sit and pray and hope that she can get relatively close to what I'm axeing for.
* Shut the peepers - sometimes, to avoid the awkward face-to-face stares (this also works at the dentist's office), I will close my eyes when she snips the front of my dome. Sharp things moving around my eyes is but another reason I shut the blinds.
* Make Me Thin - I have a tricky spot on the top left side of my noggin' that is thicker than the right side. Most times, I have to request the stylist to thin this portion out even more so that both sides look even.
* Shake, rattle and roll - since I wanna minimize the amount of hair that falls in my car and at home, I try to shake my hair/head/clothes to get as much hair off of me as possible.
* Walk of shame - well, only if it's a bad haircut. 😛 If it's a good haircut, the walk to the register is not all that bad.
* Tips welcome - I pay for the cut and then I give the stylist my usual 20%. Sometimes more, or sometimes less, depending on the damage or masterpiece they've created.
That's pretty much it. Where do you guys get your hair cut? What kine cut you get? How much do you pay? Any other odd rituals?
Most importantly however... how do YOU do?
P.S. Kimbo's joining the cast of The Ultimate Fighter. Woah!