By World Wide Ed
A year ago to the day, the world was fortunately unfortunately exposed to the mind of me, and I hereby apologize.
You see, the peeps at the 'tiser opened thangs up for me in the backend *snicker* and shortly thereafter, the first ever World Wide Ed blog (to the Advertiser community) - simply entitled "Aloooooha!" - was born (in the USA)!
Things were slow at first, as I tried to find my place amongst the big dogs *woof WOOF* like Stephen Tsai's "The Warrior Beat," and Catherine Toth's "The Daily Dish," but eventually, I found my virtual footing and carved a cozy little niche out for myself and you fun, faithful readers.
Hoooo! I can't believe it's already been a year! *wipes away Visine induced tears* As some of you mentioned in yesterday's blog, time really does fly when you're having fun eh? It still amazes me that there were THAT many topics to write about on the daily. Sure, I did miss a few days here and thurr due to travel, holidays, and a little thing called a wedding, but for the most part, I was pretty on top of it wouldn't ya say?
In fact, if my math is correct (and don't truss' me 'cause I suck at math), I probably wrote about 261 posts, give or take a few.
365 (days in the year)
- 104 (weekend days)
= 261 actual week days of possible WWE blogs
OK, I checked out our backend *snicker* and saw that I actually posted 200 fitty blogs! (I tol' you my math sucks!) Either way, I think that's quite a feat if I do say so myself. *bends over and waits for a pat on the back* (*snicker*) In theory, if I continue this blog on that torrid pace for the next 30 years of my life, I would've bored you to tears with 7,500 posts! Seventy five HUNNY!
It'll be all good in the 'hood going forward. Trust.
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this. No more posts about nails, my broken mandible or MMA. I heard you (or rather, I didn't hear you at all in the comments) loud and clear. Jeez, and it only took me a year to finally get it! Ha!
Mahalos to each and errry one of you for reading. E Komo Mai to those coming by way of seeing my spooky face in today's paper. Whether you're new and this is your first hit of WWE, or you need to be sent to WWEA pretty soon, I send mad love to you! Please continue to read and post your feedback in the comment area. That's really what keeps me going. I love reading and interacting with the `ohana we got goin' on here. You guys are the ones who make this blog fun for me! Keep it up yo!
Talk to me (Help a brutha improve WWE)!
* What was your favorite post?
* What was your least favorite post?
* What do you want to see more of? Less of? (Be honest, I can takeum!)
* What's missing?
* How can I improve?
* What prompts you to want to comment/participate?
* Hints for future posts?
* Some of your favorite WWE memories/highlights of the last year?
* What's the biggest thing that happened to you in the last year?
* What do you hope to do in the next year?
Here are my answers. Post yours below k?
* What was your favorite post? - The Fun Day Monday: You Know You're Local If... post cause we made triple digit history with that one son! LOL!
* What was your least favorite post? - The MMA Television Programming posts because it took like FOREVER to put together and nobody ever commented on it.
* What do you want to see more of? Less of? - More comments, less low comment counts.
* What's missing? - Guest posts. Will try to get more of y'all involved with posts of your own for us to dish on.
* How can I improve? - I'm all ears!
* What prompts you to want to comment/participate? - ditto the above
* Hints for future posts? - Yes please. 8)
* Some of your favorite WWE memories/highlights of the last year? - the appearance and disappearance and reappearance of Chicken Grease (he was actually my first ever commenter, and it was a positive one at that. In fact, it was so good that it jump started my drive to make this place good), giving away free movie passes to readers like JMAW, Miss Priss, and liane, talking high school supremacy shmack with frankie, celebrating the Phillies' World Series victory with uncle jimmy, starting and growing the Where in Hawaii series (and being flattered by a few copycats 8) ), scratching my head at Helen's ridiculous comments, the funny wedding jokes and videos like the Best Man Blunder Video, making up nicknames for all of you, the thank yous for my periodic PSA posts, the turning point from single digit daily comment counts to double digit daily comment counts (woo hoo!), assigning roles (hunter, chef, law enforcement, etc.) on our desert island, the birth of Scott's boy, standing up to tita leerz (and getting pwned! in the process), brightening the start of your work week with Fun Day Mondays, getting my blogs hijacked for totally unrelated topics , the moderation bot's strange rules/flags, kuya.d's successful "Prom Songs" guest post, the "Good Morning"'s from M, the lowdown from the female perspective from snow, NeedaHobby, skycastles, kako_mochi, kate, YN and mcat, the sage lecturing advice from hemajang, MakiSushi, Coconut Willy, Kage and Kel Sr. (and jr.), the humor of Ynaku, bB, and rayboyjr, the periodic appearances of Dave, Syxx, BananaFysh, S Ticket, che, zzzzzz, Lose Money, soogs, miLL-viLLe, EMM386, HNL2LAS, Paco, Takeshi, MoOgooGuypAN, L, and Bre, being the first 'tiser blogger to break the Susan Boyle story, collecting names for our future WWE Fantasy Football league, seeing new faces come out of lurk mode, learning what VHO7V meant, and much more! Keep the memories a-comin'!
* What's the biggest thing that happened to you in the last year? - Hands down, da big dance, fo shizzle.
* What do you hope to do in the next year? - Plan and take an RV trip, interview more Hawaii celebs (BJ Penn, Shane Victorino, Colbie Caillat, holla atcho boy!), etc.
Thanks again for sticking with me for the last year. Here's to another 7,250 or so y'all (yeah, I used a calculator for that one... whut!?)! Hehe, Shooooots!